PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Abrades surfaces of metal to remove any scale, paint, grease, tar, rust, and dirt.
• Responsible for prepping work surface with masking film, tape, and rubber.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints and work orders
• Shovels or pours abrasives into machine hopper or reclaimer.
• Safe loading of parts on racks, pallets, or mats inside the blast booth.
• Turns valves on equipment to regulate pressure and composition of abrasive mixture flowing through the nozzle.
• Examine finished pieces for proper conformance to specifications.
• Daily checks and housekeeping of blast booth and corresponding work area.
• Operate a forklift safely
• Other duties as assigned by Team Lead
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES
Education: High School Diploma / Equivalency
Experience: 1-year experience in metal fabrication preferred
• Basic ability to read and interpret blueprints, tape measure
• Basic ability to use computer systems
• Learns quickly when facing new problems; open to change; strives for continuous improvement of self and processes.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey information and ideas.