Purpose of Job
Review preliminary opinion of title research and recommend and issue commitment in compliance with underwriting procedures and guidelines for residential and commercial properties prior to closing. Issue title policy, apply premium payments and prepare and generate related reports.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
1. Draft and recommend title commitments and policies. (60-65%)
- Review preliminary opinion of title from closing attorney and underwrite; apply requirements, determine exceptions and insurance coverage amount.
- Issue commitment and make revisions as requested from closing attorney prior to closing.
- Issue title policy upon receipt of final opinion of title from closing attorney.
2. Answer phone call requests for searches of prior policies, premium quotes, and underwriting questions. (10-15%)
3. Receive and apply premium payments, post payments and prepare bank deposit. (10-15%)
4. Issue commitment revisions and policy endorsements. (10-15%)
5. Compile information for monthly reporting to title companies for which policies are issued. (0 - 5%
6. Maintain notebook to quickly access current underwriting requirements and exceptions. (0 - 5%)
7. Perform other duties as requested or assigned. (0 - 5%)
- Meet all performance and behavior expectations outlined in the company performance appraisal form or communicated by management.
- Perform responsibilities as directed achieving desired results within expected time frames and with a high degree of quality and professionalism.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive work relationships with all staff, customers and business partners.
- Demonstrate the behavioral and technical competencies necessary to effectively complete job responsibilities. Take personal initiative for technical and professional development.
- Follow the company HR Policy, the Code of Business Conduct and all subsidiary and department policies and procedures, including protecting confidential company information, attending work punctually and regularly, and following good safety practices in all activities.
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED.
- One to two years office administrative or insurance industry experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good problem solving skills
- Analytical thinking
- Attention to detail.
- Proficiency with business software and Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work as a member in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to be flexible and handle multiple tasks under deadline pressure.
- High-degree of integrity, self-motivated, detail oriented, and possess a good aptitude for figures.
Other (licenses, certifications, schedule flexibility/OT, travel, etc.):
- Position requires employee to currently have or to acquire a title insurance agent license withinfirst three months of employment.