Technical Sales Specialist
Title: Technical Sales Specialist
Schedule: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
Summary: Technical Sales Specialist is knowledgeable in all aspects of all
products and services. They will directly work with outside and inside Sales
Reps on new opportunities and customer deployments. Specifically, enterprise opportunities and accounts. They will assess the technical
needs of an opportunity, design a back-end solution to meet specific needs
and timeframes, and deploy the solution in the field.
Accountability, Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• The Technical Sales Specialist is responsible for maintaining in-depth product
knowledge, and all associated technical details required to implement those within the
customer’s environment. Directly working with our sales department, they assist the
assigned opportunity, in designing back-end network infrastructure, server and/or cloud
and storage requirements, and wireless access pertaining to the desired use case.
Ensuring products sold meet all customers’ requirements. They will coordinate and
perform each deployment, ensuring proper end user training of each solution sold.
• They will manage multiple enterprise opportunities, documenting correspondence
through the sales cycle. Work with 3rd party venders for installation of hardware. Use
support tools for remote and onsite setup, configuration of products, and assist with end
• They will manage beta testing and roll out of new products within the company. Creating
sales and support related training material, while ensuring all aspects of product user
guides and manuals are up to date and accurate.
• Technical Sales Specialist are to be self-motivated, professional, and well organized.
They are required to travel onsite for enterprise solution presentations, conduct project
meetings, oversee deployments, and attend tradeshows as assigned. Team members
must maintain a professional appearance at all times. Ability to safely operate a motor
• Must possess a current passport and be able to travel extensively.
• Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Ability to be covered under company vehicle insurance.
Qualification / Skills:
• The ability to effectively adapt to changing customer needs.
• Self-motivated, goal driven individuals who thrive in a team environment.
• Basic understanding of automotive vehicle wiring, an multimeter functionality.
• Experience with Microsoft Windows based server operating systems.
• Experience with wireless networking, design, setup, & troubleshooting.
Education / Experience:
• Strong sales & relationship building skills, with 1-2 years outside sales experience
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree; degree in a technical field is a plus.
• Keeps current with developing technology.
• Candidate needs to be self-motivated and can work effectively with little supervision.
• Can effectively troubleshoot and diagnose problems.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret bids and quotes, technical procedures and
governmental documents and regulations.
• Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
• Ability to effectively communicate with multi-level personnel as well as vendors and their
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, percentages,
commissions, proportions, margins, and mark-up.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Law Enforcement, Fire and EMS products a plus.
• Should be self-motivated, goal oriented, quality driven and capable of working without a
lot of supervision.
• Knowledge of CRM and Great Plains preferred.
• Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines.
• Excellent organizational skills, strong analytical thinking, problem solving skills and
communication skills (both written and oral) with attention to detail.