Tax Auditor Responsibilities:
• Traveling to clients to examine and analyze tax documents and financial records.
• Analyzing accounting systems and developing audit plans.
• Determining taxable income, applicable tax deductions, and nontaxable expenses.
• Applying federal, state, and city tax laws and regulations to auditing procedures.
• Evaluating tax refunds, collecting delinquent taxes, and filing tax returns.
• Compiling and presenting detailed tax audit reports to financial managers.
• Making recommendations and establishing best practices in tax management.
• Overseeing the implementation of tax audit recommendations.
• Keeping informed of tax laws and regulations, as well as auditing practices.