Sr. Director of Ingredients, R&D
Senior Director of Ingredients R&D
8 am - 5 pm
Direct Hire Opportunity
Conceptualize new and value-added ingredients for eventual launch and commercialization in the food and non-food industry and to provide scientific support to Sales & Marketing and distribution partners to assure the success of our client. This position will be involved in project management directing product research, applications, customer projects and technical services in support of the client’s ingredients business. The individual will provide expertise in-house in support of the Ingredients Division initiatives and as a cross-functional team member with other departments of the company. This position will address regulatory matters with FDA and other government agencies and will be active in patent applications and in protecting our client's intellectual properties.
Specific Duties & Details will be discussed throughout the screening & interview process
- Research & Development (2 Direct Reports)
- Customer Support
- Regulatory Compliance
- Intellectual Property
- Information Management
High base salary reflecting experience and skill set
Higher than average bonus structure
Exceptional Benefits for Individual & Family
Relocation Assistance available
- Advanced degree in food or grain science (preferably PhD level) with sound scientific knowledge and business understanding of the food industry and the prevailing Food Trends
- At least 10 years of solid experience in food research and product development in the baking, pasta, snack, breakfast cereal, and meat alternative industries
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills; approachable and open. They must be a good fit with our culture. Position requires a high “Likability” factor, and results driven at the same time.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas or processes to a variety of audiences including; sales, marketing, customer service, R&D, and the C-suite environment.
- Clear understanding of the commercialization process and how innovation and the new product development functions connect to profitable growth in the sales arena. Able to answer the question, “why does this new product matter to our end users?”
- Excellent written communication skills to outline ingredient applications and functions for potential advertising or marketing support of ingredients portfolio
- Clear servant leader style with the ability to coach and teach new technologies or ideas to the Innovation team and other functions across the organization; including sales certainly.