Senior Make-Ready Technician
Sr. Make Ready Tech
Monday to Friday
8am to 5pm
$16 to $19 per hour
This job description communicates the general nature, responsibilities, and duties associated with the position of Make-Ready. While the following information should be considered a comprehensive description of this position, please note that some responsibilities and duties may not be specifically addressed. Additionally, this job description and the duties of this position are subject to change, modification, and addition as deemed necessary by the company.
Our company emphasizes a team approach and expects every staff member to perform all tasks and requests that are reasonable and consistent with fulfilling company objectives. It is imperative that you review these duties, skills, and physical requirements closely. By signing the Job Description Acknowledgement, you are verifying that you have the skills and possess the physical abilities that are necessary to perform the job as described. However, this job description does not constitute an employment contract between the company and any associate.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Make-Ready must conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, the Fair Housing Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to apartments.
· Inspects vacated apartments and completes checklists in regard to make-ready. Informs Maintenance Lead or Property Manager of needed services and repairs
· Routinely performs the following duties in order to restore apartment to "market ready" status
· Checks all lights and replaces as necessary
· Replaces or repairs windows, latches, screens, hinges, sliding glass doors, shelves, baseboards, mirrors, and closets
· Checks applicable appliances and informs Maintenance Lead of problems
· Assists in changing or removing appliances from apartment
· Makes keys when necessary
· Checks faucets and sink plugs, and repairs/replaces as necessary
· Replaces washers when needed
· Performs exterior repairs to sinks, bathtubs, etc., when warranted
· Assists with painting duties when requested
· Transfers paint from storage areas to apartments when painting is scheduled
· Repairs or replaces curtains, mini-blinds, ceiling fans, etc.
· Repairs plaster holes in walls; paints walls as necessary
· Inspects bathroom tiles; performs minor repairs/replacements
· Changes A/C filters
· Operates carpet cleaning equipment to clean carpets as necessary
· Lends assistance during trash-out of apartment; for example, moving heavy or bulky items to dumpster
· Paint interiors and/or exteriors as necessary
· Replaces vacancy lock (if applicable) on the day the lock is changed for new resident for move-in. Also changes out P.O. box lock when requested
· Makes new keys when requested
· Assists in keeping grounds clean at all times
· Assists maintenance when requested
· Delivers notices to all apartments
· Reports supply needs to Property Manager and/or Maintenance Lead
· Performs other tasks as assigned by Property Manager or Maintenance Lead
Must meet all physical requirements and be able to take direction.
a. Equipment Requirements:
Required to wear back support belt and gloves as tasks dictate. Wears appropriate shoes (no flat-bottom sneakers).
b. Work Hours:
Position requires 40 hours per week Monday through Friday. Weekly schedule may change as required and it may be necessary to work weekends.
An associate in this position must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of:
· Cleaning fluids, cleaning tools
· Mop, broom
· Vacuum cleaner, carpet cleaning equipment, buffer
· Step ladder, full ladder
· Key-cutting machine
· Hand truck, wheelbarrow