Kansas City, MO
Job Type :
Reference Code :
Compensation : open - 60 to 70 or hr
Required Years of Experience :
10 to 15
Required Education :
Job Description :
Leading cross-functional teams, this Senior Project Manager has overall accountability delivering transformational projects. This leader will work within an existing PMO, and will need to quickly build rapport and prove credibility.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages simultaneous implementation and transformation projects, ranging from small/standard to large/complex.
- Manages all activities to achieve the project scope and objectives. Activities may be performed by internal IT staff, vendors, and business process owners.
- Oversees the program’s inter- and inner-dependencies, assessing and managing critical paths.
- Bridges the cross-functional teams and maintains strong communications across impacted and affected groups.
- Assists in planning and organizing resources.
- Anticipates, mitigates, and effectively manages risks.
- Recognizes areas for improvements.
- Assists the organization through transformation and organizational change.
- Leads problem-solving, driving issues to closure.
- Analyzes and approves change requests. Provides rigorous control around change and cost management.
- Summarizes status. Has the ability to provide visual presentations. Communicates program and projects’ progress, issues, and risks on a regular basis.
- Delivers effective, and adapts, communications to all levels of the organization.
- Follows KCS PMO standards, which align to Project Management Institute (PMI) standards. Define and manage program scope, quality, schedule, and budget. Maintains and improves PMO processes and procedures, as necessary.
- Delivers effective, and adapts, communications to all levels of the organization
- Fulfills related responsibilities as assigned by the PMO Director or Executive Leadership.
Required Qualifications :