Monday to Friday
7 am to 3:30 pm
$16.00 per hour (Bump to $17 per hour at conversion)
The Production Associate is responsible for performing a variety of tasks involved in the production and distribution of VersaFlex products. Follows standard work instructions and practices safe work habits to ensure production activities are conducted in a safe and efficient manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
· Retrieves and transports chemical containers utilizing forklifts and pallet jacks, without damaging material or equipment
· Correctly Labels and packages materials into a variety of container sizes
· Identifies correct materials and products for blends and orders
· Reads, interprets, and processes orders
· Uses various hand tools to perform tasks such as banding, wrapping, mixing, pumping, etc.
· Operates and reads digital scales
· Reads and accurately records weights, batch numbers, lot numbers, order numbers, dates, etc.
· Loads or unloads received or shipped materials onto or off of trucks
· Stages materials and orders
· Smags and solidifies waste materials
· Conforms to the procedures of the ISO 9001:2008 QMS system
· Maintains a clean and organized work area according to 5S standards, sweeps, mops, and performs other janitorial duties
· Conform to all safety procedures
· Utilizes and interprets material safety data sheets (MSDS)
· Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge is qualifying.
· High school diploma or GED
· Minimum of 2 years of manufacturing experience
· Effective time management skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to multi-task
· Good communication skills
· Ability and willingness to learn additional skills and tasks
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and general working procedures.