Press Break Fabricator
Press Brake Fabricator
Monday to Friday
6 am to 3:30 or 4:30 pm
$18 to $20 per hour
The duties for this position will include but are not limited to reading blueprints, work orders, job travelers and routers. Set-up and safe operation of press brake. Ability to work efficiently while safely producing high quality parts.
REPORTING STRUCTURE AND KEY RELATIONSHIPS
· Reports To: Fabrication Lead
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and work orders
- Complete understanding of fabrication mathematics
- Ability to measure and verify dimensions using various measuring devices: tape measure,caliper, machinist square, pro-tractor
- Ability to identify, retrieve and install the required punch based on bend radius.
- Ability to identify, retrieve and install the required die based on material thickness.
- Ability to download program files, or program a press brake at the controller.
- Ability to program each program step using tonnage mode, angle mode/absolute position.
- Ability to properly and safely operate a press brake from a variety of manufacturers.
- Ability to troubleshoot, analyze and resolve operating and fabricating challenges.
- Ability to work efficiently while safely producing high quality parts.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES
Education: High School Diploma / Equivalency
Experience: 2 years’ experience in metal fabrication, CNC experience preferred
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
- Must have experience with, and be able to use computer systems
- Learns quickly when facing new problems; open to change; strives for continuous improvement of self and processes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey information and ideas.