The Mobile Phlebotomist...
- ...is an experienced Phlebotomist who works independently to provide blood collection services.
- ..drives from location to location during an assigned shift and ensures arrival at pre-determined location at pre-set time for blood collection on Transplant Genomics patients.
- ..will perform standardized and specialized Phlebotomy procedures on patients of all ages in a safe, accurate and professional manner.
- ..uses a personal vehicle to travel to patients homes.
- ..follows safety, laboratory standards, policy and procedures and participates in quality assurance and quality improvement activities.
- Performs blood draws using venipuncture according to standard protocol, ensuring patient safety and quality specimen collection.
- Provides patient instruction for sample collection
- Responsible for disposal of blood drawing equipment according to health and safety regulations.
- Ensures proper container type, centrifugation and transportation and or shipping of specimens.
- Performs specimen duties such as aliquoting urine and separating blood samples when required for testing and use of portable centrifuge.
- Pre-analytical duties include sample processing and preparing specimens for transport/shipping.
- The ability to provide quality error free work
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5-7 Years Phlebotomy experience
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of safety practices
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Strong attention to detail