- Day Shift
- Weekly Pay
- $18 per hour
Summary: Manage the shipping of product/parts from overseas sources. Work with the materials department to manage the arrival dates of product/parts.
Accountability, Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: Incoming Shipments
- Manage all aspects of the shipment of product or parts that are purchased from overseas sources to delivery in which we are handling the shipping. This includes working directly with
- the supplier
- the shipper (utilize any online tools they have)
- accounting for timely pre-pay arrangements with the supplier and approvals of shipping invoices
- engineering for documentation including tariff codes and country of origin
- management to determine whether to ship air or ocean and if by a faster than usual means.
- Track shipping costs and duty costs to calculate a cost per product/part
- Maintain a tracking list for all product/parts in the queue to ship or in process of shipping for those product/parts we are handling the shipping.
- Expedite product/parts on order.
- Provide reports on all incoming shipping costs, e.g., FedEx bills.
- Provide estimated shipping costs for new product/parts.
- Track and manage product kept at an off-site warehouse. Review and approve invoices from the off-site warehouse.
- Support sales department with outgoing shipping cost estimates for orders and bids – primarily domestic shipments but includes international shipments.
- Support materials department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification / Skills:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word
- Knowledge of MRP systems (GP) and engineering documentation systems (Omnify)
- Knowledge of International shipping of product – both by air and ocean.
- Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated, goal oriented, quality driven and capable of working without direct supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong analytical thinking, problem solving skills and