Material Handler-1st shift
Load, Unload, process and store hazardous and nonhazardous waste materials with supervision. Primary waste product are household products and personal care products.
- Load & unload solid and liquid waste safely in accordance with company, federal, state and local regulations.
- Operate a fork truck with attachments and Bob Cat with attachments
- Perform basic spill cleanup and housekeeping/maintenance duties as directed
- Utilize bar code system equipment to document certain inventory activities
- Utilize knowledge of applicable EPA, DOT and OSHA regulations
- Other duties as assigned
High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent required
- 1 year of related experience
- 24-40 HAZWOPER certification preferred but not required.
- Basic knowledge of EPA, DOT and OSHA preferred but not required
- Ability to understand general industry practices and follow SOP (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Ability to life 50-60 lbs
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment, including respirator when required.
- Solid attendance & on-time arrival. Tardiness and missed work managed via point system.