This position is responsible for maintaining all production equipment and plant facilities in proper working condition for maximum productivity, while meeting or exceeding safety regulations.
· This will be a second shift position working 2:00PM – 10:00PM, possibly switching to a 12 hour shift 7:00PM – 7:00AM on 4-3 rotating shift. Must be open to this.
What you will do
· Communicates with production personnel regarding problems or potential problems with equipment.
· Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, PLC’s, drives and electrical equipment on flexographic printing presses, slitters, laminating equipment, etc.
· Installs, starts-up and shuts-down equipment according to safety procedures.
· Works with equipment vendors on installation of new equipment and coordinates efforts of equipment vendors for repairs of production equipment and building components.
· Conducts daily inspections of and performs maintenance as needed on incinerator equipment, air compressors, conveyors.
· Performs preventative maintenance on printing and converting equipment according to schedule and specifications.
· Replaces lights and ballasts as needed.
· Identifies major components needed for inventory.
· Maintains required maintenance records for equipment.
· Assists and trains other maintenance personnel as required.
· Responsible for managing our Universal Waste program including used oil & filters and their respective containers and required labeling.
· Follows procedures as stated in the Good Manufacturing Practices manual.
· Must follow safety guidelines, wear designated Personal Protective Equipment, and meet OSHA safety requirements.
· Performs various cleaning and inspection duties to maintain SQF compliance.
· Reports any potential violations of GMP policies to your manager.
· Other duties as assigned by Management.
What You Have To Offer
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
· Technical degree or advance education preferred.
· 5+ years of experience in the Flexographic printing industry as an Industrial Maintenance Technician highly preferred.
· Inks and solvents create a strong odor in the plant.
· Frequent standing and walking during working hours.
· Frequent sitting, bending, stooping, and twisting.
· Ability to stand for the duration of the shift (8+ hours/day).
· Ability to repeatedly lift up to 65 pounds.
· Overtime may be required.