Monday to Friday
7am to 3:30 pm
$15.00 per hour
Looking for Machine Operator-Quilter to operate sewing machines. A machine operator is responsible for the setup on a variety of machine brands, repairs, and preventive maintenance on quilting machines. Being a team player is essential in this role. Majority of tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers. Day-to-day duties will consist of ensuring production goals are met daily and decreasing downtime in productivity.
- Monitor machine operation to detect problems such as defective stitching breaks in thread, or machine malfunctions.
- Cut materials according to specifications, using blades, scissors, or electric knives.
- Place spools of thread, cord, or other materials on spindles, insert bobbins, and thread ends through machine guides and components.
- Cut excess material or thread from finished products.
- Inspect garments, examine repair tags and markings on garments to locate defects or damage, and mark errors as necessary.
- Record quantities of materials processed.