Machine Assembler - 1st shift
Job Type :
Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code :
Compensation : open - 18 to 21 per ho
Job Description :
Monday to Friday
6 am to 3:30 pm
$18 to $21 per hour
Works as part of a team having responsibility for assembling industrial food processing equipment for large production facilities around the world. Team assemblers can perform all tasks conducted by the team in the assembly process and rotate through all or most of them rather than being assigned to a specific task on a permanent basis.
REPORTING STRUCTURE AND KEY RELATIONSHIPS
Reports To: Assembly Lead
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow assembly instruction, process, and procedures
- Rotate through performing all the tasks required in a particular production process
- Comply with policies and guidelines
- Report problems with quality, process, equipment and material to production manager
- Operate a fork truck
- Troubleshooting both electrical and mechanical problems
- Provide hands on job functions training to co-workers as needed
- Correctly complete all relevant paperwork
- Provide assistance in the production of wiring assemblies
- Follow the details of assembly drawings and bills of material
- Keep area clean and swept
Required Qualifications :
Education: High School Diploma / Equivalency
2 years’ experience in either automotive or industrial maintenance Experience with electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatics preferred.
- Blueprint Reading
- Learns quickly when facing new problems; open to change; strives for continuous improvement of self and processes.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey information and ideas.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment; responds with a sense of urgency
- Willingness to be a team player