Monday to Friday
6 am to 3:30 or 4:30 pm
$16 to $18 per hour
The Laser operator is responsible for set-up and operation of laser cutting machines to produce products that meet customer quality requirements. The laser operator must also operate and process parts according to print requirements, and monitor machine cutting performance and utilization.
REPORTING STRUCTURE AND KEY RELATIONSHIPS
· Reports To: Fabrication Lead
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands and performs proper start-up and shut down for laser machines.
- Operates and navigates in a computer-based environment.
- Ability to measure and verify dimensions using various measuring devices: tape measure,caliper, thickness gage.
- Understands machine setup including program retrieval, gases, nozzles, and other essential required machine consumables, and functions.
- Operates overhead cranes, power tools, and hand tools.
- Can perform laser cutting operations efficiently and effectively, per specifications.
- Diagnose machining problems while performing jobs, making modifications as needed.
- Check quality of product machined and notify lead of any process issues.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by Team Lead.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES
Education: High School Diploma / Equivalency
· Experience: 2 years’ experience in metal fabrication, CNC experience preferred. Laser operation experience is desired.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
- Must have experience with, and be able to use computer systems
- Learns quickly when facing new problems; open to change; strives for continuous improvement of self and processes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey information and ideas.