The Integration Architect position is accountable for analyzing and designing Integration and Interoperability domain architecture to meet the information technology and business requirements. The architect will establish integration technology standards and processes. They will assist in developing a secure, scalable governance and operating model. This includes assessment of new applications and technologies to be integrated, protocols to support, and underlying infrastructure components to execute on.
This is a hands-on (individual contributor) leadership position with responsibility for setting technical and architectural direction and seeing the direction through to high-quality solution deployments. Knowledge of architectural methodologies used in the design and development of information systems, including the physical structure of a system’s internal operations and interactions with other systems. Uses standards, guidelines, and architecture principles to translate corporate strategy into an actionable plan. Understands the corporate vision and strategy, and implements a plan to achieve that strategy in a manner that "future proofs" the architecture. Makes appropriate technical investment recommendations using innovative solutions. Knowledge of the principles, patterns, methods, and tools for designing, developing, and testing software. Systems architecture such as integration platforms and protocols supporting in-house, commercial applications and SaaS solutions. Is able to think strategically and execute tactically.
- 7+ years architecture experience with demonstrated integration expertise in several business and technical verticals
- 10+ years industry experience providing technical solutions development for enterprise software or hosted high-tech services using .NET, JEE and/or JSE framework and Mulesoft
- Railroad Industry definite plus
- Experienced with continuous integration and deployment
- Experienced with secure coding standards and API security
- Advanced integration experience with industry standard integration products, preferably MuleSoft, RabbitMQ, Informatica (Power Center & IICS) and SSIS.
- Advanced Experience with SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)/ESB (Enterprise Service Bus)
- Intermediate knowledge of database platforms
- Intermediate Experience using the JAVA IDE
- Advanced knowledge of SDLC, code management concepts and platforms
- Advanced knowledge of at least one programming language such as .NET
- Knowledge of all aspects of enterprise architecture
- Strong understanding of network and data center architecture, as well as application development methodologies
- Design and deliver enterprise level APIs with a focus on reusability, resiliency, and security
General Knowledge Skills
- Strong strategic business acumen and understanding of organization strategy and ability to design IT systems to delivery that strategy
- Strong ability to develop solution architecture designs
- Strong ability to define multiple solution options to business problems
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills.
- Strong ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations.