Grounds Keeper - Leavenworth
Pay: $15to $16 per hour
Schedule: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
Location: Leavenworth, KS
Duties and Responsibilities
· Checks and replaces exterior lighting on a regular basis
· If certified for pool maintenance, cleans and maintains pool as directed
· Maintains awareness of proper safety precautions at all times
· Constantly observes condition of apartment property throughout the community and immediately reports and/or initiates action to correct unsafe conditions
· Must be aware of all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, and sewer cleanouts
· Ensures that storage areas remain locked when not in use
· Physically walks the property on a frequent basis and removes litter, debris, and pet droppings from the grounds.
· Performs “trash-out” duties at vacated apartments on a daily basis by removing all abandoned furniture, trash, and boxes, then transferring them to dumpster or storage area, whichever is applicable
· Details property on a regular basis, which involves cleaning and raking shrub areas, shoveling mud when necessary, and using blower to keep sidewalks and walking areas clean of loose grass and brush
· Repairs and replaces windows, screens, sliding glass doors, etc.
· Performs routine maintenance on property as requested by manager and Maintenance Lead
· Assists with various physical tasks as directed; for example, tearing down fences, digging post holes, carrying abandoned sofas, etc.
· Changes locks and makes keys when directed to do so
· Distributes resident communications to residents; for example, upcoming events, pest control notices, and newsletters
· Required to wear back support belt, gloves, and other personal protective equipment as tasks dictate
· An associate in this position must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following tools: Hand Tools: Various wrenches, hammer, grips, saws, sledgehammer, snips, posthole diggers, weed eater, hedge clippers, etc. Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, jacks, step ladders, full ladders
· No experience required – we are willing to train the right person – must have a solid work history.