To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education And/or Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, physics or related field of study
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience preferred
- Experience in development of analog electronics.
- RF and high-Q resonance circuits experience highly desirable
- Experienced in high-sensitivity instrumentation development is a plus
- Structured and accurate work approach, result oriented
- Self-motivated and committed to common team goals
- Ability to work independently
Other Skills And Abilities
- Individual must be capable of independent judgment in design selection, research approaches, methodologies, and tools. Decisions must consider input from other scientists and engineers.
- Ability to communicate with engineers and scientists of other disciplines such as software engineers, EE, physicists, and chemists, both within the project and with collaborators outside the project group.
Experience with solid modeling, packaging, thermal management, high voltage management, gas controls, and pneumatic design desirable. In addition, familiarity with modern metal and plastics manufacturing techniques including materials selection, and manufacturing methods is desirable.