Mon to Fri
8 am to 5 pm
80k to 85k per year
The controls engineer is accountable for programming of our various process equipment PLCs and HMIs. The Controls Engineer must be capable of applying knowledge to support goals associated with new and existing equipment controls projects from inception to final completion as defined by each project. Additionally, the Controls Engineer must be able to prioritize, focus, and work on multiple projects to successfully meet customer delivery schedules. Will be accountable to being measured for success with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in quality of product, quality of service, lowest production cost, talent development, etc.
- Skillfully apply controls knowledge to solve problems related to equipment diagnostics and to offer solutions as needed to satisfy customer service requirements.
- Standardize and implement best engineering practices related to human machine interface screen design and program source code design.
- Work cross-functionally with other departmental team members to support the overall objectives of each project.
- Convey a strong sense of urgency, anticipate and remove project barriers.
- Create, diagnose, and logically solve control schemes involving high voltage power distribution as well as low voltage controls.
- Experience wiring single and three phase control panels, motors, transformers, digital and analog instruments
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical is a plus but not required
- 5+ years of PLC programming
- Machine debug and start-up experience (i.e. tracing short circuit problems, conducting continuity checks, debugging program errors, making program changes to correct errors or to add additional functionality)
- Experience with TCP/IP, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, and Ethernet Networking
- Experience with Siemens and Allen-Bradley PLC's and Motor Drives
- Possess excellent analytical problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient at using problem solving tools, performing root cause analysis, and implementing corrective action.
- 3-5 years experience in food and beverage manufacturing environment is desirable
- 5-7 years of strong controls design and programming experience