Assistant Community Manager
This job description communicates the general nature, responsibilities, and duties associated with the position of Assistant Property Manager. While the following information should be considered a comprehensive description of this position, please note that some responsibilities and duties may not be specifically addressed. Additionally, this job description and the duties of this position are subject to change, modification, and addition as deemed necessary by the company.
Our company emphasizes a team approach and expects every staff member to perform all tasks and requests that are reasonable and consistent with fulfilling company objectives. It is imperative that you review these duties, skills, and physical requirements closely. By signing the Job Description Acknowledgement, you are verifying that you have the skills and possess the physical abilities that are necessary to perform the job as described. However, this job description does not constitute an employment contract between the company and any associate.
The Assistant Property Manager is to assist the Property Manager in effectively managing the assigned property. In the Property Manager’s absence, the Assistant Property Manager will assume all responsibilities associated with accomplishing property objectives as set forth by the property supervisor and the property owner(s). In addition, the Assistant Property Manager is directly responsible for maintaining daily, weekly and monthly reports including accurate reporting of rents and deposits received.
Non-Exempt (eligible for overtime)
Duties and Responsibilities
The Assistant Property Manager must conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, the Fair Housing Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act and all other laws pertaining to apartments.
a. Income Collection
· Maintains accurate resident records
· Updates all rents, deposits, and application fees received from residents and prospective residents on a daily basis
· Issues appropriate notices when necessary, such as late payment notices, eviction notices, and returned check memos
· Deposits all receipts prior to bank close each day
b. Resident Relations
· Maintains positive customer relations attitude
· Physically inspects property when on grounds, picks up litter, and reports any service needs to maintenance staff
· Inspects move-outs and vacancies when requested
· Must be knowledgeable of all phases of leasing and resident retention
· Works with lease renewals each month
· Greets prospective clients, shows property to prospective clients, and performs leasing duties as needed
· Answers and handles incoming phone calls from prospective new residents, current residents, vendor/suppliers, etc.
· Maintains awareness of local market conditions and trends
· Contributes ideas to Property Manager for marketing community and improving resident satisfaction
· Updates required reports concerning move-out notices, activity, etc., on a daily basis and provides information to the Property Manager
· Organizes and files all applicable reports, leases and paperwork
· Proofreads all lease paperwork and processes move-ins and move-outs
· Processes all security deposit move-out reports
· Accepts service requests from residents and routes requests to maintenance for prompt processing
· Conducts service follow-up with resident when work is completed
Position requires at least one year of experience in on-site property management, basic computer knowledge and the ability to type at least 30 wpm
b. Computer Skills
Applicant must be proficient with Microsoft Word Processing, the on-site rental system, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook and using the internet
c. Office Equipment
Computer, Calculator, Copy Machine, Fax Machine, Telephone, Key Machine
d. Work Hours
Position requires a minimum of 40 hours per week, and applicant must be available evenings, nights and weekends for staffing needs and emergencies