This position is responsible for performing duties associated with the production of pharmaceutical grade products in a regulated manufacturing environment.
- Performs manufacturing operations using large-scale processing equipment to process and then fill sterile poultry vaccine. Processing equipment includes centrifuges, tangential flow filtration systems, clean-in-place and steam-in-place systems, autoclaves and sterilizers.
- Performs sterile filling/stoppering/capping of vials, as well as labeling of vials.
- Demonstrates understanding of basic sterile techniques and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Generates detailed documentation and production batch records.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of large-scale processing equipment
- Ability to operate assigned processing equipment, computers and terminals
- Ability to follow directions
- Laboratory skills and knowledge preferred
- Strong communication and team skills
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks
- Ability to perform simple calculations
- Attention to detail
- Conscious of safety and quality regulations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Six (6) months experience as a manufacturing process operator is required, preferable working with chemical or batch type production, or equivalent.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Customer Focus
- Safety Awareness
- Quality Orientation